The Easiest Vegan Brownie Cake Recipe
Homemade brownies…What can be better than that? Oh, yeah!! Definitely, homemade VEGAN brownies which taste great without harming animals, environment and your health somehow. Take the recipe and quick story of my “best cake ever” creating process!
Once upon a time, I decided to make smth special and yummy for my non-vegan boyfriend’s birthday so that also his non-vegan family would love! I knew that could make vegan brownies, but I wanted something like a B-day cake! So I created a unique recipe of 2 layer brownie cake which looked really stunning and tasted AWESOME. Everyone that day enjoyed the cake and was confused knowing that it didn’t contain dairy products, eggs, and even oil!
- 1 + ½ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose/plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1 + ⅓ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 + ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 8 drops vanilla extract
- ~100 g dark vegan chocolate bar (70-80%)
- 3 medium-size ripe bananas
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 110°C (230°F).
- Put all the powders into a bowl, add in the other ingredients and stir well to make a smooth batter. Divide the mixture into 2 parts cause we need 2 layers.
- Preheat the oven. Pour the first batter into a greased cake pan (mine was 30 cm large) or you can use parchment paper instead and bake for 15-20 minutes, remembering to turn the pan halfway through the cooking time. When the first layer is ready it’s time for the second one to bake!
- While the layers are cooling down start making the glaze. First of all, you’ll need to melt chocolate until it’s all creamy on a steam bath.
- Add your non-dairy milk (mine was hazelnut). Blend the bananas and gradually mix it with the melted chocolate. Add sugar and mix again until the mild creamy texture.
- Cover with the glaze the first and then the second layer. I did this pattern with the help of tablespoon. Add a little bit of desiccated coconut on top like snowflakes for magic! Wait at least an hour. Struggle not to taste a bit cause it’s worth it!